Thursday, October 26, 2006

Prague


I am reminded almost daily of one of my favorite European cities by a picture on the wall of my office, one taken from the historic Charles Bridge in Prague, Czech Republic. It was a brisk fall day, and in all directions Prague had that fairy tale-look going on, and it would be almost impossible to take a bad picture even for an amateur photographer like me.


Prague is a very striking city, as it's so perfect it's almost like a fantasy. The Charles Bridge spans the Vltava River and as I crossed the Charles Bridge on my way to Old Town Square, a canal (yes, a canal caught my eye) as it reminded me so much of Venice. Turns out that near the shoreline a few canals wind their way from the river through the old buildings and then, under the bridge.


In all of Europe Prague is one of the favorite cities of international travelers, and in addition to its beauty, prices here are very inexpensive now and it is truly one of the best bargains on the entire European continent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently visited the City of Prague, also known as “the golden city of spires” on Vltava River. I found Prague very attractive, and the thousand-year history was visible particularly in the architecture. The touristy Old Town, the Prague Castle, the Little Quarter and the Jewish Town made a deep impression on me with beautiful medieval, gothic- and baroque-style churches and renaissance residential buildings, museums, cafes and theaters. One could wander through the meandering streets of Prague for days in a row and continuously discover hidden alleyways and unique views.

Anonymous said...

There are not many places in the world, about which I can say I love them. I have to confess, that Prague is ONE of those. I recently visited the City of Prague, also known as “the golden city of spires” on Vltava River. I found Prague very attractive, and the thousand-year history was visible particularly in the architecture. The touristy Old Town, the Prague Castle, the Little Quarter and the Jewish Town made a deep impression on me with beautiful medieval, gothic- and baroque-style churches and renaissance residential Prague property, museums, cafes and theaters. One could wander through the meandering streets of Prague for days in a row and continuously discover hidden alleyways and unique views.